Current as of: January 2019
The opinions or views expressed on Public Service Commission (“PSC” or “the Commission”) social media platforms, including, but not limited to, blogs, Facebook and Twitter pages, represent the thoughts of individual users and online communities, and not necessarily those of the PSC or any of its employees, affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, or staff. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not necessarily reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the PSC staff involved with maintaining the site, or any members of the site. By submitting content (defined as materials, advice, representations, opinions and views) to any social media sites or platforms, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that you are allowing the PSC to have a permanent right to use your comments for PSC purposes including but not limited to internal and external promotions. This could include using, republishing, reproducing, distributing, changing or displaying the comments across PSC brand products and other websites without restriction from time of submission in perpetuity.
The Public Service Commission of South Carolina:
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website or other linked materials.
- Cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
While the Commission makes reasonable efforts to monitor and moderate content posted on its social media platforms, neither the Commission nor its employees or other affiliated individuals have the ability to moderate all comments at all times and cannot always respond immediately to online requests for information.
The PSC reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems inappropriate. Comments including, but not limited to, the following may be deleted or edited if deemed inappropriate or irrelevant by the moderators:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about a user or another participant
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion or solicitation of events, groups, pages, websites, organizations, products and programs not related to or affiliated with PSC efforts);
- Comments that use foul language or hate speech (including but not limited to racial-, ethnic-, or gender-bashing language or any language that encourages attacks on others based on intrinsic traits);
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal, speculative or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticizing their posting, opinion or comments;
- Comments that violate the privacy of any individual;
- Comments that are derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, gender, professional, age or religious groups;
- Content that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies;
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity;
- Comments that reference any claims or share personal, account or policy information;
- Comments or links to sites that contain viruses or malicious software.
All links to external websites found linked from PSC social media sites are provided as a service and convenience to readers. We make no representation concerning the content, quality, timeliness, safety or suitability of their contents, nor are we liable for the content or availability of external websites outside of the purview of the PSC’s organizational websites (www.psc.sc.gov and www.scutilityconsumer.com). The PSC makes no endorsement, expressed or implied, to any hypertext links, and as such is not responsible for the content of external Web sites. You participate at your own risk, and are responsible for the content you post and all activity that occurs under your accounts. Do not misrepresent yourself or take on the identity of someone else while using this social media platform. If you feel that someone has misrepresented your identity on a site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll look into it as soon as possible. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via a site used, published, copied and/or reprinted in social media or in PSC marketing materials, please do not post on our pages or submit comments or feedback. If another party makes a claim against the Commission that is related to the comments you submit, or to your use of this service, you agree to indemnify and hold the Commission, its members and employees and each of their subsidiaries, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from those claims or demands. No communication to the PSC through this social media shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose. Please ensure you read the privacy statements linked below for additional information on what information is collected and used by the social media platforms.